10 graduating seniors will be awarded a $500.00 scholarship. To be eligible for the scholarship, students must meet the following criteria: • Planning to enroll as a full-time student (12 semester hours or more) in an accredited two year (trades, cosmetology, etc) or four-year College or University, for the 2021-2022 school year. Acceptance letter required. • Minimum 2.0 GPA • East Chicago resident (must provide proof of residency) • Be available for personal interview (if requested)
• Submit a minimum 250 word essay answering one of the following questions:
1. What is your “Why?” (What is the reason you are going to further your education?)
2. What would you like to see change in the East Chicago School District to help other students become successful in their future?
3. What is your bigger picture? What will your success story will be?
• Submit your current high school transcript
• Submit college letter of acceptance
• Signed release authorization on the last page of the application (both applicant and parent/guardian signatures must be on authorization.
Thursday, May 20, 2021 (No Exceptions)
If you need more information or to request your scholarship application please email:
Tereka Boone: email@example.com
Subject Line: The Bigger Picture Scholarship